Trophy Wife

Saturday, August 19, 2006

what a good man


ray is so good to us. he is a wonderful father. he loves them so much. he wants to give them so much more than what we can give them. i love this picture because you can see how happy he is when he is with his children and how happy they are when they are with him. there are kids that get a lot--toys, clothes, ipods, computers, etc.--our kids get hugs, kisses, and our prayers everyday. our kids are happy. they have a daddy that pays attention to them. just look at this picture--they're happy.

as a husband, he is just so great. he treats me so good. he listens to me even when he doesn't feel like talking. he is patient with me. he puts up with me when i throw my baby fits. i can tell he loves me. i also get hugs and kisses everyday. he told me he wants to give me much more but i am so happy, what more could he give me? i know he is feeling discouraged about his books being rejected. i know it will happen soon. i pray almost everday for him. God is so good and i just know He will answer this prayer. ray is so talented. i try so hard to encourage him when he gets the rejection letters. i tell him it's in God's timing and He is sending the perfect agent for you. sometimes, though, i get discourage and that is when it is the hardest to encourage. i do believe God will give us this request--i can feel it in my heart when i pray.

ray, you are a wonderful husband and father. don't let anyone or anything get you down. we love you so much. and one more thing that is so great about you is that you always keep your word to the children and to me. wasn't there a promise about a back rub?

4 Comments:

  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger VeeFlower said…

    I prayed about it too, Trophy, and I know God has a plan and is working on this situation. He isn't looking the other way when those agents put Ray's letters in a pile to get a form letter. It can take two years or more. Yes it is discouraging but the right things are being done. There is no magic here, no perfect words or letters or anything else. Just Ray's talent, and God's timing. I agree with everything you said about Ray. And I would like to add that in all my year's of reading, some of the most famous authors of all time, he has written one of the best short sci-fi stories I have ever read. He is honing his craft, it grows with every new project.

     
  • At 2:33 AM, Blogger Chill Daddy said…

    Cindy, what you said really made me feel better about not being able to give my family more materiel things. I know that when they're grown up, the fact that didn't get every high-tech toy and name brand clothing won't make as big of an impact as their memories of me. My hope has always been that they'll remember wrestling on the bed, and goofy stories about penguins, and your comments make me think that I'm a successful father after all. Love and affection are the legacy I want to pass on to them - not fancy tastes in commercial products. Thanks for that - I love you and I will give you that backrub someday.

    And mom, thanks for your encouraging comments too, what you said about my story makes me feel better. It was Omnipotanium, right?

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger HUBBYMAN said…

    CHILL DADDY: YOU'RE THE BEST FATHER I'VE EVER SEEN.

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger VeeFlower said…

    Yes. While everything you write is good and has its own merits, I am a short story fan from way back and I do think Omnipotanium just works on so many levels. It really resonated with me and I think others would enjoy it, too. I could see it published or winning a contest in a heartbeat.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home